This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have four Fjords, all registered in the CFHA.  One is also registered in
the NFHR as well as Norway, as she was imported. I also have her
granddaughter, who's sire and grandsire were also imported from Norway.
The only one on her pedigree who was not imported from Norway was her
mother, both of whose parents are imported,  I don't know how more "pure
Norwegian" imported bloodlines I could get!

I also have an old gelding, Bjarne C-23, who has the same grandsire on both
sides..HE is inbred!  His Grandsire is Stolman C-1, the first Fjord
registered in the CFHA, foaled in 1956 and also imported from Norway. Both
of his Grandmothers were imported from Denmark.  There were only about 2
bloodlines in North America at that time, so old Bjarne is inbred. He is 27
and still going strong.  I will not try to register him wih NFHR.  Bjorken,
my younger gelding, is Stella's son.  He is registered with CFHA. He is
microchipped, a requirement of the CFHA long before NFHR even thought of
microchipping.  There was no thought of registering him with NFHR at the
time.  They didn't even have a studbook available at that time, I couldn't
look up bloodlines, etc. like I could in the CFHA studbooks.

If you look at the bloodlines of many, even most NFHR registered fjords you
will find Canadian registered stock, Fjords imported from Norway, Germany,
Denmark and Holland into Canada and registered in the CFHA. So Please don't
put down the CFHA!

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, with 2 inches new snow coating everything, a
winter wonderland. Just wishing it had been about two feet of snow instead!
We NEED snow! So stop yer complaining, you folks hoarding all that snow!

Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]