This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello Bill,

In a message dated 12/24/2002 11:45:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>     I'd like to thank Lynda Welch for her very cogent explanation about
> plans to
> not allow breeding of rescued cross-bred Fjords. It sounds good to me. I
> also am
> very supportive of any efforts to find out where these crosses are coming
> from.

Thanks Bill, your support is greatly appreciated.  We DO want to get to the
bottom of this and yes, the crosses, too!  One of the reasons the UEF decided
to incorporate state/province representatives was not only to be on call for
rescues or rescue assistance in these areas, but also to enable us to
physically check on adopted horses.

> wonder if the NFHR has the financial resources to use DNA analysis to
> determine parentage.

Actually, the UEF will be paying these costs.  They will be included in the
adoption fee.  This is an entirely new and unprecedented plan (to the best of
our knowledge) of the UEF's, and the Fjords will be our first "experiment",
if you will, to see how successful this will be to not only rescue the
Fjords, but to attempt to register them and locate past owners and breeders.

>    I can assure you that none of our Fjords, aged or young, will ever find
> their
> way to a slaughterhouse as long as they are under our control. But in
> reality, once a horse leaves your barn, you lose control.

Yes!  That is how most of us feel and work so hard toward.  Thanks again,

Lynda C. Welch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Vice President, Norwegian Fjord Representative

For donations to save a Fjord, please visit PayPal.com
and enter [EMAIL PROTECTED]

United Equine Foundation
http://www.unitedequinefoundation.org/homepage.htm

Lynda and Daniel
Bailey's Norwegian Fjords
Quality Fjords--Equine Transportation--Hand-braided Tack & Accessories
White Cloud, MI
231-689-9902
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hometown.aol.com/baileysfjords/