This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 12/18/2002 1:43:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> While I have never been in a horse slaughter facility, I have been in a fair
> number of lamb and a few cattle slaughter facilities in 3
> different countries and have yet to ***EVER*** see an animal that was still
> concious after it was stunned.    Heart still beating, yes, but
> able to know it is being hung upside down, or look at you and blink its
> eyes,  no.  I wonder how many of you, Lynda including, have witnessed
> this first hand to be able to speak with athority?  Or are you just
> trusting the word of people who have an agenda (to turn everyone against
> farming or  into vegetarians)?

I'm going not only by what Lynda said, but by the huge article I read in the
Oregonian last summer.  People who worked at the slaughter houses were also
complaining.  Speeding up the "assembly lines" HAS caused botching.  No doubt
about it.  And there is a move to get them back to a slower speed, making it
more humane.   I wish I had the article to send you, but that's not the type
of article that I save!

Pamela
 <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/northhorse/index.html";>Northern Holiday
Horses</A>