This message is from: Mary Dixon/Steve Stanchfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Yes, please watch it with the leaf blowers around horses.
My 2nd horse, am elder morgan, was at the end of the row at
the boarding stable I kept him at. The manager insisted on
using a leaf blower to clean out the aisle, causing him to
get worse and worse heaves. Then she'd close the barn up
tight for the night. The place was also full of snooty
warmbloods that couldn't take a temperature under 40 degrees
(or so the owners must have thought).
I moved him to a place that never did anything remotely like
that in a converted cattle barn, open, not dusty and very
ventilated! He got healthy very quickly.

Dogs and horses from a real dog trainer's point of view: I
agree. It depends on the dog! When I went to buy Finne from
the Bosomworth's I was warned in advance to not bring any
dogs with me (too bad for them...they had to sit in crates
the whole time I was gone-there and back-at least 8 hours
that first time!) since the horses would gladly chase
anything that wasn't 'their' dog.
When I got Finne home last year the first thing I did was
introduce him to all of the dogs in turn.
Of course I used the clicker and tons of treats.
He loves my dogs now.
The dog who loves him the most is the big cuddly rottie
(Harley) at the farm I keep him at (same one with the good
ventilation above). He swoons over Finne after I've called
him in from the pasture (I never have to go get him...even
from far away). He weaves in and around his legs and nips at
his ankles. Finne just sighs and stands there ('whatever').
I did, however, also teach him to "Git that doggie!"
whenever Harley comes into the ring when we are working,
which he will gladly switch gears and do.
Finne's the best big dog I ever had.

Mary in Ann Arbor MI
(http://www.acdrescuemi.petfinder.com)
(remember the North American Horse Spectacular in Novi MI
this weekend! Be there or be a tetrahedron!)