This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 10/10/2002 5:53:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> A snaffle, to me, is any bit with a direct pull, rather than a
> leverage from a shank.  Snaffles can have any style mouthpiece, broken, one
> piece, two piece, three piece, etc.  At least that's what I have been
> taught

This seems to be one of the biggest confusions in the horse world!  Most
people tend to think a "snaffle" is any bit with a broken mouthpiece. Like
calling a "Tom Thumb" bit a snaffle.  A snaffle IS, as you said, any bit with
a direct pull - regardless of the mouthpiece.

Amy

Amy Evers
Dun Lookin' Fjords
Redmond, OR