This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 9/28/2002 8:41:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I cannot imagine stifling a horse whinnying

Same here!  When I said that Our mares would whinny out on the trail if
alone, I did not mean that they whinnied constantly, but that they would
occasionally call out (ala, "Hello? Any body there?).  They don't balk, stop
working, or resist what I ask them to do - they just give a call without
missing a beat.  I don't see anything wrong with this....  In the show ring,
if a horse is constantly calling out, that might be inappropriate, yes. But
as Ruthie stated, there is a difference between a strict performance in the
show ring and a pleasure ride/drive out on a trail.

Amy

Amy Evers
Dun Lookin' Fjords
Redmond, OR