This message is from: M Korose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I totally agree with Lori's comments, I was also
unsure about the no riding advice.  I rode Thorobreds
for many years and if you had one of those "I am UP!"
days, you worked on counter canter and shoulder in and
all that stuff that your horse said was too hard on
other days!  Haven't had many of those days with the
Fjords, tho.  I don't ride as much, since I mostly
drive now (bad back), but when I do, watch out horse
because or only reason for being out there is to learn
whatever we need to work on (Doing that with 1 4-yr
old now).  I also find that I do a serious job of
looking where I want to go, being aware of all that is
going on elsewise of course, but one problem I see in
a lot of our students is wandering eyes, LOOK Mom!,
What is that other guy doing?, Is that a car out there
onthe street?  etc.  I LOOK where I am going, small
circles, corners, straight ahead in the arena middle.
I find it works and the horses even FEEL this under
saddle.  Hard to teach tho.  Noe the wierd thing, I
think this also works while driving, at least I try.
I have some Really good moments (only straight
dressage entrance of the day for ex) and some really
bad moments (worst circle of the century).  I am going
to do more but I am convinced that if I get my
dimensions right, my circles will really improve.
Anyway, a lot of rambling here, but thanks Lori and
try it some of you, a potent weapon in the arsenal
(surely just one of many)
Marsha in VA
Where Curt is running this Morrisville Eval this
weekend, so guess who gets to stay home with the herd?
 Yeah me.  Anyone who goes, have fun, socialize and I
wish I could go!