This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Here is an interesting articvle by Susan Garlinghouse, MS and Barny
Fleming, DVM which may help explain what some of the blood results mean
:
'THE PRIDE PROJECT:  How to Speak CBC in One Easy Lesson"
http://www.shady-acres.com/susan/cbc.shtml

Other articles by Susan Garlinghouse:
http://www.shady-acres.com/susan/index.shtml

As far as reference ranges for Fjord horses, I have records of baseline
blood analysis done on my fjords some years ago which I can dig up for you.
 My vet thought they had low hematocrits.

Jean in sunny, (but actually not that warm) Fairbanks, Alaska, with fall on
it's way.

>This message is from: Kathleen Spiegel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>I forgot to add - someone on this list may have access to the reference
ranges
>for hematology and chemistry values specific to the  Fjord horse.  Our
reference
>ranges were established using mainly quarter horse and TB.
Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]