This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Peter-

So much to learn! And it never ends.

I resisted using fly spray till quite recently. No, it's not natural and yes,
it is toxic. However, in nature horses roam over a large area and their dung
does not pile up in one place, attracting flies. Also they are not fenced so
they can seek relief in dust, shade, water etc.

AT my new boarding facility there are LOTS of flies. I'm swatting them off
myself, and it's rather annoying. I purchased and tried the new "spot" type
fly repellent, and it worked well. It only needs to be applied once every two
weeks, and it's odorless. The horses are much more comfortable.

Re: dogs. Congrats on your new pup! Negative reinforcement (pulling on leash,
saying no) will actually make the problem worse. Your dog will start to
associate horses with punishment and get more and more agitated around them.
Check around for a good dog trainer who uses positive reinforcement/clicker
training. With these methods it's possible to "reprogram" your dog's

Keep us posted!

Brigid M Wasson
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
 <A HREF="http://ourfjords.freeservers.com/fjord1/Our_Fjordsx.html";>Our </A>