This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Beth..Are you talking about Fjords here?  The grey Fjords are really not
"Grey" in the sense of other breeds, but are grey DUN or grullo  it would
be called in quarterhorses...I think she is talking about a Hannoverian or
warmblood, where the Grey wold be different and I think might require one
parent to be grey.  I will have to check out Sponenberg's book again.

Jean in sunny Fairbanks, Alaska, 65 degrees, 22 hours daylight and ZILLIONS
of mosquitos!!

>This is not true.  We have a grey mare on our property who's color is the
>result of breeding two brown dun parents.  Her name is FSF Gra. I believe
>there is at least one other grey offspring from the same breeding. You
>can see photos of her on our website.
>
>Beth

Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska