This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Everyone :

I think that maintaining genetic diversity within the breed is the key to its
longterm success and popularity. The problem with just breeding horses that do
well in shows is that you end up with everyone breeding towards a similar
"type" with a loss of traits in the process (as an example look at the Morgan
horse today vs. a Morgan horse of 100 years ago). I would encourage people to
continue to breed for the conformation/performance/personality that THEY like
and desire in a horse, and in this way we will continue to maintain the
diversity of the fjord for future generations.

Judy Phelps
Chelan, Wa.