This message is from: Janet McNally <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> In a message dated 6/1/02 8:05:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> << But if you
>  know you've got a good horse, with a great temperament, flawless
> conformation
>  and also ability, there is no reason to not breed a mare that is unproven in
>  the show circuit.  >>
>
> And how do you know this without competing?

Not everything of value about a horse can be evaluated in a show ring.  We use
our
horses to move hay, move cattle down the high way,  hunting, or to carry us on
extended camping trips.  Our most valued attributes in a horse is common sense
and
ability to perform work without getting hurt,  which is hard to evaluate in a
show
ring where all the variables (logs, rivers, wildlife, steep slippery trails, and
surprises around every bend) are removed.

real work is a good way to evaluate conformation.  The horses that are built
right
will hold up.

Janet