This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Kelly--

Saturday, May 25, 2002, you wrote:

> I have to tell you, its all about the performance. They could care
> less about the breed. Generally speaking, those who claim bias
> against a judge usually put in a poor performance.

  I think that you must ride in front of some exceptional judges.
  While dressage competition SHOULD be as you describe, I believe that
  there is a prejudice toward breeds that can do spectacular
  extensions. Breeds that are more compact are not usually judged
  equally based on extending their gaits to the maximum mechanically
  possible. In modern COMPETITIVE dressage as opposed to classic
  dressage it seems that horses that are built for high collection are
  at a disadvantage to those built for great extension. JMHO.

 --
Steve McIlree -- Pferd & Skipper -- Omaha, NE/Las Cruces, NM, USA
 People may talk of first love--but give me the flush, and triumph,