This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello all I am a trainer and have been ridding dressage and training for
many years.  I have been training Fjords for the past 2 years.    I agree with
you about everything can be done beautifully with a  snaffle.  However I find
it
very difficult to get a true stop and maintain  any sort of (beatifully
piosed hand and body)  In other words pulling the  crapp out of them.   Which
is
not the purpose of dressage.    I have great success with the stop as long as
leverage is available. And  yes there are a few individuals in the breed that
co-operate due to better  conformation for riding.  I ask what are your  tricks
with a good stop  on the snaffle for a horse under saddle.  And please no more
cirlces or  figures.   I am already dizzy :)))   And yes it is not a  problem
to stop them with driving lines and snaffle. Of course you have a lot of
leverage again.   And they are wonderful cart horses and excel  there.
            Thanks  Bonnie