This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Another great book that is more recent is the Book "CONQUERORS" by Dr. Deb
Bennett:  Here is part of the description:

"Conquerors: The Roots of New World Horsemanship

This marvelous 432-page volume tells the story of mounted horsemanship from
its beginnings in prehistory to the days of the Spanish conquest of the New
World. An American Library Association "Best in Category" winner, this book
offers the easy readability of a novel yet the technical depth of a college
textbook.

In this landmark work, Dr. Deb tackles one of the grandest stories in the
history of the world. Native warriors, desert nomads, Norman knights,
Spanish conquistadors, Argentinian gauchos, Tejano colonists and California
vaqueros all contribute to the birth of the unique and varied horse
cultures of the New World. Provocative and fascinating, we guarantee that
"Conquerors" is one book that you will not be able to put down.

With some 500 illustrations, maps, quotations from rare original sources
and an extensive bibliography and index, "Conquerors" covers the history of
every country in the New World that has ever bred horses of Iberian
background."

Available from:     http://www.equinestudies.org/bookstore/bookstore.html

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, sunny and warm, with mosquitos