This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Lisa, I got a used Laser saddle w/ an adjustable gullet. Love it very
much, lets me have great leg contact + fits like a glove on both me and
the ponies. When I ride my WB in it, I just narrow up the gullet w/ a
couple of turns of the little allen wrench it came with. Funny, I too
prefer a good used saddle; if its a decent quality saddle (i.e.e
expensive when new), it will usually hold up very well,unless someone has
done something drastic like roll it + broken the tree. Good thing about
used saddles is I don't have go deaf listening to creaking leather to
break it in! There are a few used Lasers available from time to time,
usually from consignment tack stores. FWIW, I also got a really nice
older Stubben Siegfried off of Ebay recently for under $300 incl.
shipping - (don't know how that happened, as it is in fantastic shape.
Very comfy for trail. I bought it for under saddle classes as the black
dressage saddle sticks out a bit in the sea of brown leather ;~)  I also
have a Hubertus all purpose dressage saddle that I am considering selling
as I like the Laser better. Good luck in your search!
Kmac

Karen McCarthyGreat Basin Fjords :: Carson City,
Nevadahttp://www.picturetrail.com/weegees