This message is from: "Kim Nord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Dear fellow listees:

My beloved Andrew with the bum shoulder left this morning for his new home as
a therapeutic riding center "staff member". My new boy arrived late Saturday
night.
My question: "Sammy" my new boy is smaller than I thought. He is probably 13.2
or 13.3 and of more "sport" build than my other, more drafty guys. He is a
lovely and well mannered doll baby, but, well, Little.
What size rider would you think he could comfortable carry (with conditioning)
on some pretty steep inclines and declines in our NC mountains? My 14.2 stocky
guy carried a 240 lb rider easily; but he also, easily has 300 - 400 lbs more
on him than this new guy.
None of us are what you call petite. In fact my 12 yo son is currently 5'6"
and 130lbs. My barn manager is easily 220 lbs and we had planned that she
would be the one to put trail miles on him. What do you guys think? Any big
guys or gals out there riding smaller Fjords, esp. in the mountains?
Thanks,
Kim