This message is from: "Michele Bigelow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Kim-

I have always had my mares and geldings together.  I have had a max of 5
horses to a min of 2 (one 24yo Paint mare and one 16yo Icey gelding).
Currently, I have 4, 3 are mares and the one gelding.  My 24 yo mare is the
boss, and has always been the boss, even when she was with all geldings.
The only time I had a problem was when I was adding another Icey mare, and
she wanted to be boss and my Paint would not have it.  So we sold her to a
great home.

Good luck, and I vote for you to keep the Paint!

Michele