This message is from: "jgayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hope no one else has already said this! It used to be the concern of Vets that if you cut too young or before maturity, they would not get their full growth. My huge Trakehner was cut at 11months (after he properly mounted his dam after one month of"weaning") ((he was so big he would get down on his knees to suckle and it was the embarrassment of the neighborhood)) and the Vet still swears, altho the horse was 17 3 1/4, that his neck would have been thicker if we had waited. Jean Gayle

Author
'The Colonel's Daughter"
Occupied Germany 1946 to 1949
Send: $20 to Three Horse's Press