This message is from: "Kelly Hoem" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Everyone,
First off Kelly and I would like to thank everyone that send us the
information to be part of the digest.  We really are excited to be part of
this group.
        This is my first time so I will tell you a little bit about my
husband and I.  We have 2 fjords.  A 2 ½ year old gelding (WH STONE X BY
CRET LACEYC-2180) by the name of Sir Ole of Morgan, and a 5 month old filly
(WH STONE X IDUNA ACRES BORGE) BY THE NAME OF Iduna Acres Magdalena.  We
live on the eastern plains of Colorado just outside of Fort Morgan.  We are
70 miles east of Denver on I-76.  We live on 2 ½ acres and besides the
horses we have one dog and each summer we raise a few pigs for us and
friends.
            We have two daughters 22 and 21.  They are both married and live
within 100 miles of us.  They kept us very busy thru the years with
livestock and the 4-H program and FFA.  The oldest one now live on a dry
land farm and along with her husband they have 2 Belgian yearlings and 2
quarter horses.  The youngest daughter lives about 3 miles from us in town.
They do not have any animals but spend a great deal of time at our house
with our horses.  The youngest daughter and her husband will be bringing our
first grandchild to us in June of 2007.
            We got our first horse for Kelly’s dad.  He had bought 2 mares
and one was bred so we got the colt.  We have had him in harness since he
was 1 year old taking it slow and learning what we wanted him to do.  He is
now pulling a light buggy.  Kelly also had him pulling logs, harrows, and
anything else they can think of. So far he has not had any problems with
anything he puts behind him.  We eventually hope to have a driving team by
the name of “Ole and Lena”.  We have Lena halter broke and she is leading
well and starting to learn commands.
            As of right now we have the ONLY registered Norwegian Fjords on
the Eastern side of Colorado.  The next closest are about 80 miles north
east of us.
            We look forward getting to know more people in the future.
            WE attended the 25th anniversary and had a great time.  We met
a lot of great people and seen some great horses.  Thank you to everyone
that made us welcome even without having any horses there.
            We got our acreage name from our last name. Because of our last
name (yes pronounced just like the one you live in) we figured we are always
home so why not use our name and have fun with it.  Thus the name “ALWAYS
HOEM ACRES” was born.

Susan Hoem
Always Hoem Acres
Here on the eastern plains of Colorado