This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cannot abide the marketing machines that sprout up around well known
trainers.  I do not, however, let that influence me in listening to what  they
have
to say.

In most respects, they send the same message:  respect the horse, find  a way
to understand what he/she is trying to tell you, and then build a
communication system with the horse.  Stop trying to just force them to  what
you want
them to do and get the horse to buy into it.  There are quite  a few different
flavors to delivering that message, and what works for one  person won't work
for another.

For me?  I fall into the camp of those idiots running around waving  the
orange stick.  I understand the Parelli philosophy, they put it into  language
that makes sense to me.  And since I am all touchy-feely and  really want a two
way relationship with my horse, I make a very contented cult  member <g>.  When
Joe trots up to the gate to meet me, or will follow  me around the arena at
my side darting, weaving and spinning - yeah, I know it  works for me.  But for
the record, the big demos and clinics don't work so  well for me.  So
whenever I get the chance, I like to work with a little  known natural
horsemanship
guy named Robbie Potter.  Parelli stuff keeps me  very focused on reading and
understanding my horse, and Robbie Potter gets my  butt back into the saddle
and translates it into riding.  He doesn't sell  anything, and is one of the
most amazing individuals I have ever met.  I've  seen a lot of the "big" names
-
and they've got nothing over Robbie.  He is  one of the few people I've met
who truly have some kind of gift when it comes to  working with horses.  And
the
horses know it.  He's doing a lot of  work with Fjords these days which just
makes it even better!!

Try it all, find what works best for you and your horse.

Kate and Joe (who loves Robbie Potter  too!!)