To: <fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 11:18 PM
Subject: 'Bye to Sven

This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I know that we share many happy events on this list, sad ones too...

After all this time, it's finally over. On Sunday Dec. 11th Sven made his
way up the rainbow, trotting, swinging his tail... He was 28 years old,
and in great health for his age. But, after a terribly painful bout of
colic that started out early Sunday morning that was not resolving after
all the usual treatments, I had to let him go. We had 17 amazingly
wonderful years together. I am so lucky to have been able to have had
such a great horse-partner like him in my life. Hopefully he will be
represented in the years to come by his get & grand-get.

I never took the time to submit the info to the NFHR (or maybe I was
just too darn busy?) so Sven never recieved any type of
formal recognition as far as a Merit Award based upon performance in open
& breed competion. I have resolved to gather all of the info I have kept
all these years and one of these winter days I will post it on a special
page for Sven in my photo sharing site, and maybe on the List. I also
welcome any memories of him that anyone who had known him might want to
share,and I will include those as well.

Thanks for listening. I would have posted sooner but it's difficult just
getting it together to do this right now. Love your ponies! It's at zero
degrees outside right now, brrr

Karen

Karen McCarthyGreat Basin Fjords :: Carson City, Nevadahttp://www.picturetrail.com/weegees