This message is from: "Lola Lahr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I use a Myler *combination* comfort snaffle (level 1) bit on my mare, who
can also go in a Dr. Cook's bitless bridle when she is being ridden
consistently.  (When she hasn't been ridden for a while, she usually needs
to have the "reminder" of the Myler bit just for practice, then I can go
back to the Dr. Cook's.) I have very light hands, and I ride English, so
this bit might work for you too.  I saw this bit on the Action Rider tack
site just yesterday.  Mine is the one with 2 rings, not the one with 3.  I
just use the actual bit ring, but you can move the reins down a ring if you
need a little more communication.
Lola
(in soggy, sloshy  Western Oregon!)