This message is from: "Melinda Schumacher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Genie,

My Prestige is the Top Dressage.  I bought it from my (very experienced)
dressage instructor, whom I just began working with.  She says Prestige is
the only saddle she will buy, and was selling this one because it turned out
to be too large a seat for her daughter.  Several of her students use
Prestige too.  She also likes Prestige because the seat is deep, the side
panel (is that what it's called?) is long, there's no buckle under the thigh
where the leathers attach, and the leather is high quality.  It has a good
sized thigh roll, not adjustable, but in the right place for me.  I tried it
out for my lesson yesterday and was completely comfortable.  I think Mirakel
is 14.3; I don't know her weight or circumference, but she is not dainty!
She is wider/broader than the quarter horses I learned how to ride on a
couple of years back.  The saddle was a perfect fit behind the shoulder,
cleared her spine, and was perfectly balanced (level) front to back.

Melinda
Marengo (near Columbus) OH

On 2/4/07, Genie Dethloff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This message is from: Genie Dethloff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >This message is from: "Melinda Schumacher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >Hello List,
> >
> >I bought a used Prestige dressage saddle for Mirakel today which fits her
> >very very well (and very very comfortable for me).  Size 18-33.  Much
> easier
> >to fit than the western saddles (in which she needed a draft tree).
> >
> Melinda
>
> Melinda,
> Which Prestige Dressage did you buy?  I though I had picked out my
> saddle, a Frank Baines Capriole, when I had the opportunity to sit on
> a Prestige Optimax at a tack shop.  34cm is supposed to be Medium
> Wide and 33cm a medium.  I am surprised a 33 fit Mirakel. There is a
> used 18-34 at our tack shop which I didn't bring home thinking it
> wouldn't fit but I may try it now.
> --
> Genie Dethloff
> Ann Arbor, Michigan

Coaching with Melinda Schumacher, MD
Personal Empowerment through Creative Expression and Equine Experiential
Learning

"You wander from room to room hunting for the diamond necklace that is
already around your neck."   ~Jalal-Uddin Rumi

"As she knotted the reins and took her stand, the horse's soul came into her
hand, and up from the mouth that held the steel came an innermost word, half
thought, half feel."~paraphrased, John Masefield

Fly Without Wings  www.flywithoutwings.net
Gestalt Practitioner  www.gestaltcleveland.org