This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well, I am here in Fairbanks, Alaska, where we are having the "Endless Winter" With Temperatures the last three weeks reaching an all time record cold spell since records were started in 1904. So much for that nice warm January we had, which really spoiled me. Temps should be about +26 for a high, -6 for a low, but have been consistently 0 to -5 for a high and -30 for a low! and we are about 3 FT. short on snow. What a weird winter!

Old Bjarne, 32, is shedding however, I get coated in long guard hairs when he brushes against me entering his stall in the morning to eat his senior feed. the others have loose hair on their backs. They are outside all the time, ands the sun has been warm every day. :They have so much fur that the hair they are shedding now doesn't make any difference in their insulation. Still too cold to get out there and trim manes which are out of control! They have never been this long in all the years I have had Fjords!

Hey, we went on daylight savings time, But where is spring? But we still have the World Ice carving championships, all the Carvings are finished now, check them out at http://www.icealaska.com

Jean in cold and clear Fairbanks, Alaska -10F

Shedding here like crazy in Arizona.......but Gus got almost a full body clip......as temps decided to soar up into the 80's and he is sporting a trace clip........so most of that came off......I hated to take it ALL off, as I can't be out there to blanket or anything just in case the temps dropped........which would be MY luck, that would happen. But he seems content enough.......