This message is from: "Lois Berenyi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have a question about the fish poop, once having had an aquarium I hated to
clean.  What happens to the fish waste products.  Do the fish recycle that as
well as the algae and dropped grain?

I have a comment to make about tank heaters.  When we lived in NJ we had used
them for years without incident except when one of the steers pulled one out
and left it on the ground.  But we had an interesting incident one year with a
mystery.  We had run the electric underground to the heater in the tub.  The
horses drank from the tub without any sign of upset.  The tub was near the
gate for easy filling or topping off.  All the horses except one would go
through the gate and the one who pulled back and went slightly wild had gone
through that gate before.  Then it occurred to us that he was the only one
shod and when we turned off the heater he would go through the gate but when
it was on he would not.  Rather than re-do the electric we disconnected the
heater and removed it and had no further incidents.  After that we insulated
the tubs and covered them and did away with all the heaters since each one
would run up the bill about $50 a month x 4 tanks.

Lois Berenyi now horseless in sunny, shirtsleeve North Carolina