This message is from: "jerrell friz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 10:46 PM
Subject: Re: Durango and Ram 1500

Hi list,

Over the years I have pulled a lot of trailers, with many different rigs. I used too make several trips a year to and from Alaska, hauling horses.

I would not use anything less than a 1 ton dually, full 8 foot bed. In fact I would not ride in your little pick-up pulling a horse trailer. I have seen too many accidents. And I have had my share of blowouts, and with a dually you have a better chance of staying on the road. It might be over kill, but how much are the horses worth to you.?? And Lisa makes a good point, stopping!!! What ever you use, buy the best brake controller there is and keep it adjusted. Also, buy the best tires.

Everybody has their favorite vehicle. Mine is a Dodge diesel 1 ton, dually, full 8 foot bed, with an exhaust brake.

In Ca. you have to have a commercial license to pull a trailer over 10,000 lbs. Some, other states are requiring it also. I was talking to a CHP officer the other day, about the license, he did not know about the requirement for a cdl. But, he did say that he will ticket any small vehicle pulling a large trailer . He was very much in favor of dually type vehicles used as tow vehicles.

That's my 2 cents worth.
Regards,
Jerry Friz, Anderson, Ca.

For your security this Message has been checked for Viruses as a courtesy of
Com-Pair Services!