This message is from: "Debby Stai" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have Miss Amber, 18yr. old fjord mare, she was/is my first fjord and my
goodness I wouldn't have known the strength a 13.2hand horse could have if it
weren't for her....In fact, my big 15.2hand Lang doesn't know he could be that
strong, thank God for that....Amber would take advantage of a child or a non
horse person....I LOVE her to death, she gives me sugars and loves me
too....but I'd never turn anyone lose with her....But, I wouldn't turn anyone
loose with my small 11hand pony either....At 11hands, he's still 500lbs, and
thats more than 3times what I weigh....I've been knocked over by him before
and it wasn't any fun.....I had a mini come at me one time, and even he was
probably 250 to 300lbs....The fjords are very sweet, very in your
place/space/pocket....want lots of attention, want all of the attention, but
they are strong.....Course all are strong....I've had several different
breeds, Arabs, Qh's, my daughter had a Tb, now has a saddlebred....Friends who
have warmbloods, friesians, all kinds....they are all horses, they all have
horse minds....I think out of all that I've been around, the Qh's are a pretty
good breed to start with...thats just my opinion....
Debby in Texas