From: Skeels, Mark A (GE Healthcare) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 2:43 PM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: English and Western Saddles

This message is from: "Skeels, Mark A (GE Healthcare)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

OK,  I've seen a lot about English Saddles, sizes, etc.  But I would
like to get a Western Saddle, and don't know where to start.  I've heard
about 3/4 bar, 7/8 bar, Full Bar quarter horse saddles, don't know what
that means, then Tree Size, as English Saddles, like 36cm, 38cm  etc,
where does that come into play on Western Saddles?  Just fishing for
information and knowledge before I go ahead and get a Western Saddle.

The reason I would prefer a western saddle is it seems for trail rides
the English style doesn't do to well, especially when going down steep
grades, feels like your going to fall off the front.

I have a couple Deutz Trail style English type saddles, not sure of the
model, other than trail.  Anyhow,  they are hardly used, 1 may have been
put on a horse 1 time, the other one maybe 10 times.  Wondering if
anybody would be interrested in purchasing one,  they are 38cm tree's. I
think they were around $900 new just a couple years ago.

You can email back privately or call, 406-475-3123
[EMAIL PROTECTED]