This message is from: "Linda Lottie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi.....sharing a trainer story. I have my 5 year old gelding at a trainer for two months. Trainer has never worked with fjords. After a week, "Hasse" is his favorite of all the horses he is training.....the others, of course, quarter horses. Most of the other horses need "fixing" of one kind or another and most need LOTS of ground work and "space" work. Hasse needed very little of that and is on to riding.

After an hour of riding/training Hasse hardly breaks a sweat.......the qh are all sweated up with nervous sweat from fussing and stewing about every little thing. One day the trainer said to himself, after hasseling with all the quarterhorses about one thing or another....."I am going to get rid of all the QH and just have fjords" - hahaha!!!

He also expressed surprise at the athleticism Hasse has. Trainer could not believe there is a fjord that performs reining.....I'll bring him a photo :)

I am having Hasse trained for "ranch style" riding to be my trail riding horse. He will be ridden western but will not have the peanut roller head set or the 4-beat lope (I also own a QH from the breed show world). He will be a darn nice, well trained, trail horse/pleasure horse that I, my daughter and my horse friends can enjoy for years to come. If all goes as planned, Hasse, will also attend the MN horse expo 2008.

Hasse is from my mare Lena (a Grabbson daughter/Bibi) and Fair Acres Sven II (owned by the Schlichmans). Trainer also said "Hasse's" willingness to work is like nothing he has seen, plus, is obviously very intelligent.

This trainer is young and just starting out......I hope he does well for me......he also trains to drive. A nice addition to the trainers in MN & WI who have experience with fjords.

I'll keep you posted......

Linda in WI
Owner of Sven (he is 20 and I can't believe it), Lena (13) and Hasse (5)

PS Does anyone own a "people mover".....a horse drawn vehicle with bench seats that hold 6-10 riders? I am looking for one.