This message is from: "Gayle Ware" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This message is from: "jgayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
When considering a "middle" show what about Eugene Ore?  I was there to
worship Dusty one time and thought the grounds and arena quite good. Dusty's
mother?  Jean Gayle
Why isn't there talk about Eugene Oregon for a middle ground?  Dusty's
mother???  I was there for a show some years ago and thought the arena was
pretty good.  Jean Gayle

Hi Jean,

In response to the above, you are right about the good geographic location of Eugene and the great facilities available in this area. I did put on an Evaluation a few years after we moved here. I think that was the first Eval. offered that was not held in conjunction with a Fjord show so it was a 'test' as to whether we could draw enough entries to make it happen. I had thought we could draw folks from CA, WA, OR, Can. and all points near. We did.

Then Catherine Lasessen hosted another one at her facility south of us. That went well too. - Again, not held in conjunction with a show.

Catherine & I have discussed the possibility of ulitizing the great facitities at Oregon Horse Center - 3 indoor arenas all under one roof.

I am certain that there are other really nice facilities around the NW as well. The main obstacle, at least for me, is the time consuming effort required to plan and host such events. I know it took me a whole year of preparation to find a facitily, make arrangements throught the Eval. Committe & NFHR Board, hire judges before they were booked full, handle paperwork, ETC! WHEW!

I might entertain the idea of doing something again in this area - when I have time - UH HUH!! Right now my barn keeps me more than busy with training, lessons, etc. FIELD OF DREAMS - 'if you build it, they will come' - and they did!!!

Dusty's Mother - that would be me.

Gayle Ware
Field of Dreams
Eugene, OR