This message is from: Kimberly Kinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Good morning List.
For my own showing purposes and scheduling, I contacted
Kate Beardsley who is the President of the Oregon Gold Open Horse Show in
Redmond Oregon. The "show in the middle" thread started and I mentioned it to
her. I asked for something I could post to the list and she sent the following
information. Sounds like an awesome opportunity for us in the NW! Hope to see
you there.
Very Respectfully,
Kimberly

Kate's Post:

 Hey Fjord lovers!
I'd
like to remind you all the 2008 Oregon Gold Open Horse Show featuring
haflingers and fjords  (as always!) is scheduled for May 10 & 11, 2008.
Every
year, our show board strives to offer a fun show that allows horse
owners of
all types to showcase their horses at all levels. We maintain a
flexible
class list to accommodate our competitors' preferences. We've
developed a
nice group of supporters and give many awards for a variety of
reasons. We've
got a full day of pleasure riding and usually include some
specialty classes
such as trail, dressage, pattern riding, and reining. And
we've got a full
day of driving which includes a cones course and we debuted
Oregon's first
Driving Darby in 2007.

While our show board remains committed to keeping this
an open show that
focuses on haflingers and fjord, we are also open to
offering classes to
showcase other novelty breeds. While I personally want
you all to consider
coming to Oregon Gold because you believe you'll have fun
there, I will tell
you that if we do not see an improvement in fjord
participation, we may need
to consider cutting the fjord classes. This is not
something we want to do,
but offering a wide variety of fjord classes is
expensive and we have not
has enough participation to justify the expense.
We are very open to
feedback in all forms! If YOU have any ideas that would
make Oregon Gold
more attractive to you, please do let us know. We are open
to brainstorming
any new ideas. And, by the way, we encourage breed
associations to have
their quarterly, annual, or general meetings on site
during Oregon Gold.
If you have any questions about Oregon Gold, you are
encouraged to contact
me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] . You may also contact
our show board
secretary, Catherine Stout, at [EMAIL PROTECTED] .
I hope
I see a lot of you at Oregon Gold 2008! Party time!
Kate

Kate Beardsley
President, Oregon Gold Horse Show
(541)330-8943