This message is from: Robin Churchill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have 2 geldings and a mare who are the only horses
on my property.  One of the geldings and the mare are
fjords and the other gelding is a Hanovarian.  The
problem I have is that when the mare goes into heat,
the fjord gelding has tried to mount her and the two
gelding bicker and the Hanovarian has bitten the fjord
gelding rather severely at times.  I put the mare on
Regumate and haven't had any problems after that.  I
don't have a good set-up for separating them, although
I suppose I could but it is just more work for me.
The other issue is that the two fjords adore each
other and I don't want my gelding kicked if he should
try again to mount her again.  I have thought about
selling the mare but the gelding just is so depressed
when I take her away.

Robin