This message is from: Linda Lottie User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My horses and my goats are put under anesthesia for castration. I held one
of my first male baby goats while he was castrated (told it was not that big
a deal), no anesthesia, and vowed I would never, never castrate an animal
like that again!!!

Animal care facilities are there to provide the best care available for your
pet.  A facility that offers the best, AND, gives the owner all options is
simply doing it's job.  Of course it is ok to say "no" to a vet/procedure.

As for the horse gelded in the clinic......owner choice.  My colt was gelded
on my property....and yes, he was anesthetized.    I had a clean area to
geld him and for him to recover.  Maybe the other owner did not.

LJBL in WI