This message is from: "Chris Darrow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

RE Vet Care:

If you think about it you will see how ever that Vets are recommending
the exact same procedures that human doctors would for the same
symptoms. The reason is they are required to properly diagnose the
TRUE condition. If you then think of the cost of the procedure that
the vet performs compared to the cost for a human patient the cost is
much much much less. Yet the equipment required to do these tests cost
as much or more for the vet to purchase then it does for a human
doctor. I know lots of vets my girl friend is also in vet school
(wants to work on equines yeah for me lol). Most vets do not recommend
these tests just to inflate the bill but because they truly believe
they are required to properly diagnose and treat a condition. Then us
stewards of our animals health balk at the cost associated with the
tests and would never think for a second NOT to do it if it was one of
our human family members not a pet. Then the vet has to use only
surface symptoms to try to diagnose and treat the condition and that
can at times lead to a bad diagnoses and we then blame the poor vet
who WE did not allow to perform the required tests to find the true
condition when things go bad....

Just something to think about

Chris

On 10/28/07, Linda Lehnert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This message is from: Linda Lehnert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Great posting, Lisa!  Some people just show a lack of common sense and
> selfishness in these situations and never think of what the smoke and
> contaminants it contains does to their lungs or the lives of the rescuers who
> have to go in to help them when it's almost too late.  I admire Jeff and all
> of the rescuers who put their lives on the line each and every day for others.
> As we now know, two of the fires were arson.  I hope they catch the
> perpetrators and send them away where they can't do that anymore.  I suspect
> arsonists are similar to child molesters in that that they are never cured of
> the urges and the most that can be done is to catch them and send them away to
> protect the public.  What do you think, Jean G?
>
> I thought of some simple, but common sense little things to prepare for an
> emergency of any type while I was watching the fire news on CNNI.  First, if
> you take medication, have all your medication in one place so you can quickly
> put it in a ziploc bag and then into a tote bag of some sort.  Also do that
> with contact lens solution and extra pairs of CL and glasses if you wear them.
> These are things that you must take with you if you have to leave quickly.
> You can put personal papers like birth certificates and marriage licenses,
> Social Security and VA records in a folder to grab quickly and take with you.
> This came in handy for me Monday when I had to take my very sick oldest cat to
> a large vet clinic 2 hours away and the idiot local vet didn't tell me she was
> going to send little Sonja there when I saw her on Sunday, but waited until I
> brought her back at 3 PM Monday and we had to stay overnight so she could have
> an ultrasound.  Please pray for poor Sonja, she's very sick.
>
> Jerry, the article on saying no to your vet is excellent.  I watch a German
> program regularly, "Menschen, Tieren and Doktoren," (People, Animals and
> Doctors) and always amazed at how many ultrasounds and CAT scans they do on
> small animals of all types here.  And I once saw a vet admit a horse to the
> hospital and put him under general anesthesia just to geld him.  Maybe it's
> different now but I never saw that in the US.  The doctor at this clinic where
> I had Sonja recommended an endoscopy, but I had to decline because it is just
> too expensive and I know the excellent vet I had in Mexico wouldn't want to do
> that.  We have to remember that we are the clients, the ones who pay the bill,
> and the animals are the patients and we have to put limits on the vets
> sometimes.
>
> I hope you are all safe and that Jeff will be able to come home soon.
>
> Linda in Guben

Chris Darrow
Mobile: (303) 990-1140
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]