This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 11/2/2007 3:45:45 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Apparently the folk lore around here says if a horse with a star is a  Mare
and if Rudaren is in their lineage it is an acceptable  marking.

According to the breed standard, a small star is acceptable as  Ruthie stated
in her note a few days ago. As far Rudaren goes... I've never  heard of any
connection between Rudaren and white stars, acceptable or not. I  have two
mares with Rudaren in their pedigree, neither has a star, nor has  either one
of
them ever thrown a foal with a star. I have seen old photos of  Rudaren, and
I'm pretty sure he did not have a star. I'm sure Anita Unrau could  tell us for
sure - if she is still on the list. ??

Amy

Amy Evers
Dun Lookin' Fjords
260 May Creek Rd
Days  Creek, OR 97429
541-825-3303
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])