This message is from: kelly MacDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I clip the head (all goat hairs, muzzle, those long hairs above the eye) back
of the legs and the coronet.  I trim the ears well but never completely clean
them out.  I (of course) leave the feathers.  I do use a little baby oil
around the muzzle and eyes, nothing crazy but to add a little shine.  I make
sure the mane is cut perfectly.  I polished hooves right before I enter the
ring and make sure the tail is tangle free and shiny.  I like to show off the
Fjords as beautiful, well groomed, well conditioned horses - just like any
other breed.

Kelly> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com> Subject:
Re: first open show> Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:49:01 -0800> > This message is
from: "jgayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> > When a Fjord is in a show, he/she
should look like a fjord, in my humble > opinion. Jean Gayle> > > > > > > >
Author of:> 'The Colonel's Daughter"> Occupied Germany 1946 to 1949> Send: $20
to Three Horse's Press> 7403 Blaine Rd> Aberdeen, WA 98520 > > The FjordHorse
List archives can be found at:> http://tinyurl.com/rcepw> >