This message is from: "jgayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

No one will take so many horses. When she first, and only time, went to jail, a new Vet had the fortitude to report the condition to the sheriff and he had to act. She was to have only six, I believe, and no cats or ponies. Now no one does anything but us horse people are sickened by the situation. I called the sheriff last spring but he said he could do nothing until a Vet would declare them in danger of dying!!!!!!! This is a small community. One old fellow bought Fjords to drive as he could not get the harness on his Percherons anymore. He has recently had to quit driving entirely and I pray she did not buy them.
Jean Gayle

Author of:
'The Colonel's Daughter"
Occupied Germany 1946 to 1949