This message is from: "dfle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Yes, I would wonder if the colostrom from the sheep will work.  It may, I just
don't know.  Can you milk the mare?  We have done that before.  I fed my Fjord
foal every two hours around the clock for at least a month and then we started
increasing the milk and the time.  The injection works best for the
replacement of colostrum.  We tried the stuff you feed the foal and the vets
checked her levels 24 hours later and it didn't work.  But you only have about
24 - 36 hours to do this.  Then it may be too late.  I saved one that was
longer, but had to send it to the Vet School to do so and then she had to have
all kind of antibiotic shots, etc.  I had one heck of a vet bill but saved the
foal.  Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.

Rosemary
Shome
Fjords