This message is from: beth gerst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On the Dressage pad issue, I use a Mattes Sheepskin dressage saddle pad on my guy. They are fantastic pads and not all sheepskin is created equal (I have learned from experience) These are pricey pads but you can find them on Ebay or Dover. Just make sure they are Mattes as they truly do make a difference and the sheepskin is of the highest quality and they fit my guy great. I also use a thin line dressage pad which is fantastic. This pad is awesome on young horses or horses with sore backs...my guy is young so I use it on him at home training and it really makes a difference in the way he moves. It distributes the pressure of my weight across his back instead of in certain spots. I got hooked on these pads when I showed my guy down at Devon and they allowed me try a demo one and me and my trainer fell in love with them. They are also pretty pricey but both pads will last you a LONG time...thin line will last years and the Mattes if taken care of will also last a few years. I have a black Mattes and thin line and white in both also for showing. It just depends on your budget...I have also used some cheap Equine Affaire quilted $19.95 pads that I picked up while shopping at EA and they are good for hacking with my guy. Hope this helps.

Bill, the NFHA website for the show looks great...very pleasing to the eye and easy to navigate. Hopefully, the NFHA website will follow...need to get that one up to speed also. I am not a member anymore and this was just an observation and not meant to bend any noses out of joint, I do apologize if it does. Good luck at the show and hope you have a great turnout.

Beth and Lex

PS - Had great fun at Elk Creek seeing everyone and look forward to going back next year. Had a spat with a Judge or TD out in the last 1KM of the course and I had to retire. I guess when she came speeding after us to catch us and tell me my pony looked tired as we were trotting away at almost a canter!! When she told me I had a beautiful pony and had a beautiful dressage test yesterday but he is a Fjord and a draft breed, I guess that was when I came back at her with my not so nice comment of "Gosh, is that what he is? I saw him along side the Jersey Turnpike and thought he was cute and had a cool hairdo so I picked him up for the heck of it and found this horse show and decided to try out for it, I am so glad you informed me that my horse of 5 years was a draft breed and a Fjord, I will have to remember that Info. the next time someone else makes me stop in my marathon portion of my CDE to inform me of the type of horse I own!!" I guess she didn't find the humor in it as much as I didn't find the humor in her stopping us on course at a full tilt trot telling me my horse was tired. I was also 2 minutes under the minimum time so I could have walked the last 1KM the entire way and still finished pretty close to the time if not right on time.....oh well, she will be hunting for me this season I can tell you that!!!!! :-)) If you can't have fun then you shouldn't be doing it....oh by the way, when I got back to the barn after walking a shorter walk than I would of had to the vet box...my horse was breathing normally and had a temp of 101.1 he left the barn before the first section at 99.4.....he was absolutely FINE!!! Live and Learn.....