This message is from: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I am forwarding this to the list for Janet, who is
having problems posting.

------ Original Message -------
>From : Janet[ mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent : 9/25/2008 9:29:25 PM
To : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc :
Subject : FW: fjord list

Hi Gail,

the fjord list does not seem to like my server, so
I'm having trouble posting. Would you post this
reply for me?

gail wrote: If they are just munching on the wood
(more likely),
I think
they are doing it because of some need that
seems to appear at this time of
year.

*******
although it could be just boredom, Gail is correct that
pastures are
changing in mineral content this time of year. Most
notably lower in
phosphorus as winter approaches, and animals do chew on
wood when they are
deficient in phosphorus. I would not just throw
some phos at them, however,
without testing the forages to be sure you get
the mineral balance correct.

janet