-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Willows Edge Farm
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 9:23 AM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: RE: Keeping Fjords busy

This message is from: "Willows Edge Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

That's funny, because I was just going to post about the wood chewing and
then saw all the postings last night.

I remember last fall our mares at the time were chewing on everything wood!
This year, I have the hotwire around the fencing, so now they have take to
the stall doors that are wood. I've tried Cayenne pepper and they lick it!
We just had a bunch of tree limbs chipped so I went out yesterday and
grabbed a few buckets full of the chips and placed them over by the stalls
right next to the salt blocks (both white and mineral).

I'm wondering if it has to do with this time of the year - them
wanting/needing something in the wood/preparing for winter? Something in
their DNA? The same horses never chew the rest of the year, just now, fall.
I'm going to try grabbing some more of the big limbs that are still out
there and trying Bonnie's idea of molasses.

Corinne Logan
Willows Edge Farm
Bothell, WA
(425) 402-6781