This message is from: "Willows Edge Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all!
Yesterday was my first ride time again since I had my shoulder fixed
(surgery) about 3 weeks ago and the only horse I know, KNOW I can trust
without exception is - of all horses - our stallion Ole. All the horses have
been on basic feed, water and petting status for the last few weeks and Ole
boy was ready to get out and work.
When I put him over in the grooming area to saddle up I couldn't help but
give him a big hug - for those who have seen Ole, he is not a petite Fjord
and giving him a hug is a big deal. After hugging his head (that was easier
for my arm) I was playing with his forelock and he started licking my jacket
all over, and it came out of the dryer so there wasn't any food in it. I've
seen him do this with the mares before as his little sign of affection, but
not with people, so I took it as a great compliment from an amazing horse.
Ole stays blanketed since he gets used for lessons and carriage rides and so
he doesn't get to go and scratch like most of our others can. As I was
running my hands over his body, I watched his head for "those" spots. It is
always funny to me to find that just right spot and scratch away and watch
those lips curl and contort themselves and head goes up in the air telling
me I've found "IT". More funny, because most of the time, he just stands
with his head down low, patiently waiting.
Out in the arena he got to run and buck for a couple minutes and then once
on his back, he was again the perfect gentleman being is soft quiet self. I
don't know if it was just me, or if I actually noticed Ole being more
sensitive for me purposefully planting each of his feet carefully (I've seen
him do this with the kids before). Either way, a super ride and glad to be
back in the saddle again.

PS - I quickly noticed how we can get out of shape...3 weeks and 3 days and
we were both feeling it :-)

Corinne Logan
Willows Edge Farm
Bothell, WA