This message is from: crystal...@aol.com

is anyone else going through this? we are in the midst of our second winter
storm warning in a week. they are talking maybe 4-7 inches, followed by high
winds tomorrow and then tanking temps down to -15.

i just don't even feel a bit like riding, even with an indoor. oz's coat is
so long, that it takes forever to dry if he should happen to work hard enough
to sweat, and the hassle of all the winter clothes and boots for me is just
more than i want to deal with. (i have been having a bit of a rough time
lately).

i know i have read that others don't ride much in the winter, but i really
start to feel guilty...which is a waste, because i am sure oz couldn't care
less.

i also worry about him being out in the -15, which is probably stupid since
he has more coat than all the other barn horses combined. he's got a shelter,
food and water. mostly it's that i feel cold and think he must. please,
somebody whack me with a 2x4 and bring me to my senses.

i brought him into my barn last weekend when we had the same storm situation.
he and my old gelding remembered each other, but when i turned oz back out,
intending to leave the old guy in, old guy freaked out. i had to turn him out,
along with gizmo the mini, so that he didn't get too worked up.

i think i am done whining. i just am totally lacking in ambition and trying
to just tell myself it's ok to hide out in the winter.

laurie, and oz, the snow bunny