This message is from: mabo...@aol.com

Happy New Year to Everyone,

I don't post often since my posts end up with weird symbols and spacing in
them, but I couldn't resist this piece of news.

Yesterday, our friend and neighbor, Noel drove Catherine Lassesen's mare, Lupin
in our ring.? Noel is a paraplegic from a rotational fall while eventing.? At
the time he was an upper level event rider.? He has spent the last decade in a
wheelchair.? A few years ago he asked if he could try driving as he does have
use of his arms.? The initial attempt was good except the driving seat tilted
him forward and somehow when being helped out of the cart by his wife, his leg
was broken.? I guess the good part about being a paraplegic is that it didn't
hurt, but obviously it was a setback.? So we have been working on rigging a
different?seat and fitting seat belts.? We also created?a loading ramp.?
Yesterday we tried again and it worked.? Noel had a blast walking and trotting
Lupin around the ring.? By the end we were running cones and he was thrilled.?
As the navigator, I can tell you that he was moving right along, too.

Needless to say Lupin was perfect and had no issue with Noel, his wheelchair
and all the commotion involved in loading.? I am so pleased that Catherine has
leased her to me, although I should add that she is for sale.? (Contact me if
you want more information on this fabulous mare.)?

Noel plans to keep driving and start competing later this year.?? I have plenty
of Fjords?that drive.? Fortunately we have the advice and assistance of Curt
Pierce, who knows more about CDEs and driving competitions than I do.??

We all know the expression it is better to give than to receive.? I can say
that yesterday was one of those days for me.? And of course, a Fjord would be
involved.

Margaret Bogie
Ironwood Farm
http://www.ironwood-farm.com

***Fjords for sale:? 1992 Brown Dun Mare, 2006 Brown Dun Gelding and Filly,
2008 Brown Dun Gelding, 2008 White Dun Colt***