This message is from: "plumg...@pon.net" <plumg...@pon.net>

If someone has balance problems, I highly recommend getting a western saddle
with professionally turned stirrups.  The ones where there is a piece of
leather wrapped around the stirrup flap, and then tied in place.  I recently
bought a saddle like this, and was amazed at how much easier it was to stay in
the saddle.  You might be able to come close to duplicating the effect by
aggressively wetting and turning the stirrups with a two by four put through
the stirrups while the saddle is stored.

Gail

I have a good friend who had polio as a child.  She is experiencing some set
backs and wants to try riding to improve her balance.