This message is from: brass-ring-f...@juno.com

Wow, this is interesting. Sounds like sore feet in mares is epidemic. How
odd.
        At least her xrays have come back perfectly clean, no damage and
her soles are not thin. That's the very good news.
        Certainly all the usual laminitis starters are missing, no grass,
no grain, no road founder (the vet asked if she could have run around
crazily on the frozen ground. She is in with a 24 year old Morgan. I
answered, that's a thought......but no. They really do not move much), no
shots yet, no change in routine, no change in feed.
        So, as you say, what triggered it? I am not going to be much help
here because we have done the same thing for 5 years running and never
had any problem until now.
        She too is on bute and isoxuprine. I bought her some Sabre
Sneakers to live in. I am glad to hear your mare got better. As soon as
mine is, she is getting front shoes and pads, even though riding season
is not quite here. I guess I will have to spring for winter shoes for the
next 6 weeks because I do not want her slipping and nursing something
else!
        I am also going to get her thyroid and insulin checked when she
is better during spring shots. I think it is early for Cushings, she is
11, though I know it does happen. I am on the Cushings list with my
Morgan, so have learned too much.
        Valerie
        Columbia, CT