This message is from: Karen McCarthy <weeg...@hotmail.com>

Reena, and anyone else offended by the picture - I'm really sorry, i should
have included a warning. It is a small picture, but all the same very plain as
day: this pony is not sleeping.
Re. keeping tabs on horses...yes, Reena, in my area I do this. I have reported
a very close neighbor to us, but to no avail. I suppose if I went to state
level or HSUS, maybe our redneck sherriff's dept. would take action. I am
actually looking into Oregon state livestock & ag laws...in a strange way the
cattle may have more protection than the horses due to laws on the books re.
management, and maybe if they show up to check on the cattle, they just might
look at the horses too and then get the sherriffs off of thier collective
butts. Even w/ 3 call-ins to date, face to face interviews & photos, this
local sherriffs dept. & AC is a joke. I remember Lisa P. saying something
similar about law enforcement of animal abuse cases in S. Utah, something to
the effect that they "just like to carry guns" (Lisa help me out here ;~)
Anyway, hope to see more discussion on establishing some kind of Fjord rescue.
I even have a chunk of money that needs to go to a horsey cause to help get it
going.
Ideas anyone?

Kmac in very blustery blucky weather. Glad i made it over the Cascades from
the NW Horse Expo b4 the snow really started falling last nite; it was bad
enuf in the sleet. Yikes!

:: Karen McCarthy :: Great Basin Fjords :: Madras, Oregon ::

http://www.picturetrail.com/weegees

1> This message is from: REENA GIOLA <dragonfirefjo...@gmail.com>