From: norsen...@norsenags.karoo.co.uk
To: weeg...@hotmail.com
Subject: re 7 fjords died in Scotland
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:29:10 +0000

karen
my name is Fiona Nicholson and do go on the list but just look Im from
Yorkshire
in England, a few folks on the list may have met me in Norway and I came
to see  the Blue Earth show afew years back
I hope you dont mind me mailing you about the horses in Scotland
after pleading not guilty for over ayear and asking the court for more time
David Stewart changed his plea the day before his case to guilty
on the count of starving 3 horses to death
what the account doesnt tell you is 12 other horses at cranloch
were also starving, some days from death the vet said
the vets condition scored some horses 0, 0.5 and 1
after the first horse died it was 8 days later that the 2 youngsters died
one was actually put down ,near death
he just didnt do anything his barn had plenty of hay but it was locked

this site is very much off the beaten path so nobody saw them also I
think with big wooly coats nobody would realise

4 more horses died after rescue ,they had all used body fat to survive and
this causes some liver damage
but repairs its self when they get good food
sadly 4 showed only a little improvement after blood tests
so a biopsy was done
they had ragwort poisoning, left to starve they had eaten this terrible weed
my own horses were on loan to David but at his home but they fared only
alittle better
and sadly my youngster died of ragwort poisoning

I will never forgive myself for not going that summer I cancelled my trip
because where I live got badly flooded
every time I called he said everything was fine , then he stopped answering
the phone ,email and letters
so we went up in the car
I hope I never see any think so shocking as what we did that day

he has showed not one ounce of remorse and indeed has behaved in a very
arrogant way
this was nothing to do with money
he just didnt go to feed them
he betrayed everybody especially the horses

I think the court lost the plot after he pleaded guilty to the first counts
they didnt want to
hear the rest so they fined him  just £720
he has quite literally got away with murder

all the welfare organisations are furious and are complaining to the courts
a terrible miscarriage of justice
fjords are so tough Im sure if this was any other breed many more would be
dead
which to those of use who know fjords its all the more shocking because we can
see how bad it must have been

as for our society this is in limbo because we cant even disband it, he has
refused to hand any paperwork over
that he had , and has said he will burn the lot including the stud book

sorry to have sent you such a long mail but I wanted you to have the full
story
the links to UK papers only says 3 horses
although I think the Horse and Hound will do a full story this week comming

fiona