From: owner-fjordho...@angus.mystery.com
[mailto:owner-fjordho...@angus.mystery.com] On Behalf Of Linda Lottie
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:36 PM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: RE: Tail Rubbing

This message is from: Linda Lottie <horselo...@hotmail.com>

Well, one of the reasons I have not gotten chickens is because I heard they
get bugs and the horses can get infected.  Is this true?  I would think any
bird can be a carrier of disease through it's body or feces.

I have a related question.  How do I get rid of pigeons?  They perch in my
indoor and on the eves of a pole barn.  I don't know how to shoot a gun.  I
would love to find a sticky spray to at least put on my lean-to's where they
love to build their nests.  When I can afford it I want to put screens on my
arena openings but gee, the screens are big bucks!

Any suggestions??

It is windy and sleeting today.  The fjords were in the arena for awhile
this am to dry off and have a good roll.  I just turned them back out and I
would not say they were thrilled :)  S-L-O-W to get going!!!

Linda in WI

Linda Baker Lottie

     Wild Wind Farm Equestrian Center
"Where Hearts and Hooves Come Together"
               Grantsburg  WI

No love, no friendship
can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever.

-Francois Muriac

      www.heartsandhoovesforever.blogspot.com